CDU: The Party of the Middle
CDU: Turn to the Future
OPPOSED TO EXTREMISM FROM THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT
Fight with us:
For a free, democratic state under the rule of law, through a separation of powers between the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, and through control of them!
– Free elections with equal opportunities for all parties
– Elimination of the SED domination of the media
– No party organizations in factories and institutions
– Education based on parental rights and the individuality of the child
– Nonviolent resolution of conflicts between individuals, groups, and countries
For a social market economy – not socialist experiments!
– Performance should finally be able to flourish and should pay off
– Performance is the prerequisite for a genuine social policy
– Prosperity in a healthy environment
– Social justice instead of communist leveling
– Sound old age pension plans instead of meager pittance pensions
– A solidarity community of the elderly, the socially weak, and the disabled in the great family of all citizens
– An end to the state of emergency in the health care sector and the establishment of an effective health care system
– Preservation and reconstruction of our crumbling cities and villages
For German unity in freedom and self-determination!
– The growing together of the German states as the motor for the process of European unification
– Peace as domestic and foreign policy
– Step-by-step détente and disarmament
– Security for our neighbors – absolute acceptance of the existing borders
'WITH THE CDU
FOR A UNITED, PEACEFUL, DEMOCRATIC, AND ECONOMICALLY SOUND GERMANY WITHIN A UNITED EUROPE.
Source: “CDU – Die Partei der Mitte. CDU – Umkehr in die Zukunft“ ["CDU – The Party of the Middle. CDU – Turn to the Future”], flyer, January 22, 1990.
Translation: Allison Brown